Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tea Bag Wisdom

No, not that. Although I guess I should say "tea tag" not "tea bag". But "tea bag" is funnier. And yes, I am that mature.

Anyway, we have Good Earth Teas at work (seriously, free tea = awesome!) and they all have quotes on the tea tags. I save the occasional tag that has a quote that stirs something in me. I thought I'd share the quotes on the tags I've saved so far:
  • Ignorance of certain subjects is a great part of wisdom. - Hugo De Groot
  • Unless you believe, you will not understand. - Saint Augustine
  • A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. - Chinese Proverb
  • The palest ink is better than the best memory - Wise Saying from the Orient
  • The whole life of man is but a point of time; let us enjoy it. - Plutarch
  • Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes. - Frank Lloyd Wright
  • Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - The White Queen in Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
  • Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • He that can have patience can have what he will. - Benjamin Franklin
  • I make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes. - Sara Teasdale

Some echo my sentiments (for example, Hugo De Groot and Frank Lloyd Wright) and others are reminders of how I want to live my life (like Benjamin Franklin, Plutarch, and Sara Teasdale) and still others just make me smile (like Lewis Carroll). It's kind of nice to enjoy a (free) cup of tea in the morning and be greeted with an inspiring quote as well. :)

No comments: